Landcruiser 200 to top 100K

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Landcruiser 200 to top 100K

Honestly if it cost me that much I would be too scared to fart in it let alone take it offroad!
    http://www.drive.com.au/Editorial/Ar...rticleID=44317
    On sale in November.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

http://www.landcruiser200.com.au/

FYI - Have seen a few on the road and wharf - heading to dealers.....May be my next 4wd?
    NS Exceed (03/07 build) - ARB Bull Bar (Colour Coded), Tough Dog Suspension (Ajustable Shocks) 2" lift (more like 3" in the back ) NOW REPLACED WITH OME and much happier IPFs with HID upgrade - Bushman fridge with Extension, Rhino Cross Bars - No DPF probs - Duel Battery set on the way.

Comment

$US63k ... that's around $AUS70k ... still ... a 6ltr V8 would be nice ...

Comment

Wheel in luxury....but hey my Paj is good enough luxury for me at a MUCH cheaper price. it is nice lookin though and will perfom well off the pavement i am sure.
        03 NP, 34" tires, Fully skiplated, Custom rocksliders, custom winch mount, OME HD springs/shocks, and Aeroflow exhaust, Locked Front and Rear.

Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth.

Comment

What about this new suspension it's got. some sort of pneumatic stuff. Not sure how the die hard crusier boys are going to make of that.

Comment

Brett, are you talking about the kinetic dynamic suspension system (KDSS) or active height control (AHC)? If the former then I think it is quite a clever system (an Aussie developed concept by the way). It controls the anti-roll bars hydraulically to give good on-road roll control and very low roll stiffness off-road (the anti-roll bars are effectively disconnected off road) for good flex.

The AHC was a bit of a disappointment on the 100 series because it could not maintain ride height at the high setting when laden. I am not sure how different the new system is (the old one used hydro-pneumatic shocks, I think).
            2003 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T (with rear diff lock)
            1999 Patrol 4.5 GRX LWB M/T

Comment

The KDSS (or very simiar) has been around for a while. It was call ACE on the Landrover Discovery since 1999. It is a fantastic idea and worked well. But the way the Paj suspension is set up it would never need it.
              thanks,

Adam

2010 Prado ZR 150 SWB
              1987 Range Rover Ute

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try. - Homer Simpson

Comment

Yes the ACE is a similar concept, but the KDSS is a level cleverer.

Why do you say that the Paj's suspension would not benefit from such a system?
                2003 Pajero 3.2 DiD LWB A/T (with rear diff lock)
                1999 Patrol 4.5 GRX LWB M/T

Comment

I'm sure the system is quite advanced and probably works quite well but most toyota/nissan types seem to have their hearts set on live axles and coils springs and diff locks. As soon as you mention electronics or traction control devices all I hear is it's no good and what if it breaks out in the bush etc.....Now it seems Toyota is moving into the 21st century I just wonder what the live axle no electrics people will have to say about it now that it wears a Toyota badge

Comment

Originally posted by brett View Post
                    What about this new suspension it's got. some sort of pneumatic stuff. Not sure how the die hard crusier boys are going to make of that.
                    Mitsubishis Pajero evolution have won dakars already years ago whit same kind of kinetic suspension system. I dont know why it havent came for normal pajero yet.

http://www.kinetic.au.com/news.html

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X