Check engine light

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check engine light

Coming up for my 45k service, the check engine light has come on. I have booked it in for tomorrow - plugging in a OBDII reader I see a DTC code P0381 (something to do with glow plugs) - anyone else had this problem and/or fixed?
    2018 PS; King Springs on rear; Nudgebar; Hardkorr lightbar; rear storage inc Aux battery/Redarc BCDC; Provent EGR filter; Rear diff breather; reversing floodlight; MSA mirrors for towing a Bailey caravan....rarely....

No mate. Good thing is that the service should fix it. Ensure you find out exactly what caused the fault after the mechanice does the serviice.
    Dicko. FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
    Some days your the dog...other days your the tree!!

Telegraph X camper

Comment

There is a known problem with certain batches of glow plugs across all Mitsubishi diesel engine vehicles.
      Here is a link to a Service Bulletin that dates back to 2016 so it will be worth asking the Dealer Service Department on this problem.
      http://mmc-manuals.ru/msb/BASE/004/2...6EXL13-001.pdf

Forum Member DDDJ, might be able to provide an update on this subject.

OJ.
      2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
      MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Thats a new one to me. Will look it up in the manual tomorrow. Its not in the hotline fix or service bulletin database
        Silver 2020 MR Triton Sportsbar Towbar EDS

Master Tech at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums.com

Comment

that one has been updated. it is just an addendum ( correction ) to rhe service manual.
          Silver 2020 MR Triton Sportsbar Towbar EDS

Master Tech at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums.com

Comment

Looks like a glow plug at fault - interstate part so another night at the dealer. I will be in a course car for Rally Adelaide from Thursday to Sunday so unlikely to have time to get my PS back until Monday......sheesh....
            2018 PS; King Springs on rear; Nudgebar; Hardkorr lightbar; rear storage inc Aux battery/Redarc BCDC; Provent EGR filter; Rear diff breather; reversing floodlight; MSA mirrors for towing a Bailey caravan....rarely....

Comment

All fixed - replaced a faulty glow plug under warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by old Jack View Post
                There is a known problem with certain batches of glow plugs across all Mitsubishi diesel engine vehicles.
                Here is a link to a Service Bulletin that dates back to 2016 so it will be worth asking the Dealer Service Department on this problem.
                http://mmc-manuals.ru/msb/BASE/004/2...6EXL13-001.pdf

Forum Member DDDJ, might be able to provide an update on this subject.

OJ.
                Thank you! I was wondering what could be wrong with my problem. I'll check that one out some more.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X