Below Nav Bar Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PS 2016 QE - Can the new "concealed" factory towbar be fitted?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PS 2016 QE - Can the new "concealed" factory towbar be fitted?

Hi Folks, I'm looking for a towbar for my 2016 Pajero Sport Exceed. I am leaning towards the Hayman Reese Class 4 which I believe is fitted "concealed" behind the rear plastic bumper bar, with just a slot for the hitch showing.

However, this forum discussion seems to imply that the Trailer Stability Assist (TSA) functionality is only available with the Mitsubishi supplied towbar (presumably due to some feature in the ECU in the included wiring harness):
    https://www.pajeroforum.com.au/forum...d-party-towbar

I quizzed the Hayman Reese dealer on this point (not ARB) and, whilst he did not know for certain, he said he would expect to see an advisory if the TSA was not supported, and there was no such advisory on file.

So, does anyone know if the newer style Mitsubishi towbar that is hidden up under the rear plastic bumper bar can be fitted to a 2016 Pajero Sport Exceed? The dealers I have spoken too cannot answer this question, and say their computers only show the older stye underslung towbar as being suitable for my vehicle.

Underslung style part number is MZ350612
    https://www.australianonlinecarparts...t-genuine-2016

Concealed style part number is MZ350754
    https://www.mitsubishi-motors.com.au...ories=MZ350754 (scroll down)

Planned usage is to tow a camper trailer up to 2,000kg ATM.

Thanks
    now: QE Pajero Sport 2016 5 Seat Auto
    was: PB Challenger 2010 LS Manual

I have a 2017 PS and installed a hidden tow bar from Parkside Tow Bars part number UC474Y. It is the type with a removable tongue that carries the tow ball. It uses the Mitsubishi wiring harness part number 101249-WL with length 1800mm. Parkside also provide a 14 page installation manual.

As long as you use the Mitsubishi wiring harness it does not matter what brand tow bar you use, the anti sway and trailer sense will work.

Comment

The MMAL QF towbar will not fit under a QE cover.

And trailer assist will work whether you use the MMAL wiring or not. Its a function built into the ASC, and does not need any input to work, apart from a trailer trying to push it along. As soon as it senses this unrecognized change to the G sensors it will intervene
      Silver 2020 MR Triton Sportsbar Towbar EDS

Master Tech at Main Dealer

mitsubishi-forums

Comment

Thanks very much for clarifying John, that is most helpful.

Comment

Thanks for confirming DibbyDibbyDJ - looks like Hayman Reese it is.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X