Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EGR delete

Hello all

A couple of months ago, I did install a EGR delete cable for my car. But now I heard that this cable cannot close the EGR 100% for our Pajero.

Now I decided to buy the delete plates for testing.

I am wondering if they would set an alarm at our car. Basiacly the EGR will keep in place and only 2 small metal plates will block the pipes.

But I am not sure if this also trigger an alarm. The EGR will be connected, but maybe some sensores will detect that no exhaust gas will enter the EGR?

Can someone help? Maybe someone already installed and can give me some experience. Or maybe also some pictures.

Thank you.

If your Pajero Sport has the 4N15 engine then there is not need for EGR defeat . If it is a 4D56 then a EGR delete cable can have advantages, but physical blocking of the EGR is not advised due to the fact of the EGR is used to control boost. This happens on all the current engines.
    White 2018 MQ Triton Sportsbar Nudge Bar Towbar EDS

Comment

Yes I have the 4N15 engine. What you mean no need? I have now around 10k Km on the watch and already carbon built up and soot. I think later this will be critical as at all diesel engines with EGR. What is different at the 4N15?

Comment

Under normal operating conditions the 4N15 does not suffer with carbon build up inside the manifold. So if yours is then there is something wrong which you need to get checked out. Especially with only 10000 kms on it

Comment

This information is new for me.

I don't know what are normal condition's, maybe the conditions in Thailand are not normal in general (fuel quality, temperature, .....).

But when I check in YouYube, Facebook (Thailand Pajero club) than almost everybody with 4N15 engine reports this issue and shows pictures with carbon build up and soot in the intake manifold and EGR Valve.

I just saw yesterday a picture from a 2020 Pajero with 20,000Km, the hole diameter of the intake manifold was already reduced by half (carbon build up).

So that this engine has not the same problem as all Diesel engines, would be new for me.
          Last edited by Swayzee; 2 weeks ago.

Comment

Any reason you don't want to fit a catch can? All the advantages (catch the soot; legal; does not impact emissions) with none of the disadvantages?
            2018 PS; King Springs on rear; Nudgebar; Hella FF400HID spotties; rear storage inc Aux battery/Redarc BCDC; Provent EGR filter; Rear diff breather; towing Bailey caravan....rarely....

Comment

I just heard about the catch can a couple of days ago. I will have a short research and check it.

Does it really work? I have no experience and don't know anybody using it.

Comment

Originally posted by OldEmmGee View Post
                Any reason you don't want to fit a catch can? All the advantages (catch the soot; legal; does not impact emissions) with none of the disadvantages?
                A catch can will not remove 100% of the oil vapour from the intake air, so the intake manifold and EGR will gunk up but at a much much slower rate than without a catch can.
                Not all catch cans perform equally.
                https://unsealed4x4.com.au/the-great...an-comparison/

OJ.

2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
                MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

I also thinking about the option to delete the EGR in the ECU. Many tuner are offering this. I saw also on company from Australia (I think MRT or something) looks like a famous Diesel Tuner in Australia offers this delete. Btw he also said the 4N15 engine has the same problem as all Diesel engines.

Comment

DibbyDibbyDJ is a Mitsubishi Master Technician that works on these vehicles every day.

BTW. Who is the 'famous Diesel Tuner in Australia' you have alluded to?

Comment

I think MRT Performance was the name. I saw many YouTube videos from them.

Auto Parts and Performance Superstore - MRT Performance

Comment

Originally posted by Swayzee View Post
                        I just saw yesterday a picture from a 2020 Pajero with 20,000Km, the hole diameter of the intake manifold was already reduced by half (carbon build up).

So that this engine has not the same problem as all Diesel engines, would be new for me.
                        I would love to see that picture
                        Maybe the fuel in your country is bad and that is the cause, but rather than spend money on different gadgets to alleviate the symptom why not get MMTh to fix the root of the problem.

Comment

Here attached the picture.

But as I said. Also the guy from MRT (Australia) is saying there is this problem with this engines.

So I am wondering if it is the fuel, when also in Australia Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20210504-143212_Facebook.jpg
Views:	123
Size:	113.6 KB
ID:	1081480

Comment

I'm not saying MRT are good or bad. I will say a MM master tech that works on these vehicles 5 days a week probably knows a hell of a lot more about them.

From the MRT web page.

MRT has the highest repeat client ratio of any workshop in Australia. We WANT you to come back. I don't know how they can prove that.

We send a text message 5 days after you leave to check all is ok with your car

We call (yes we actually call for real!) you 10 days later to make doubly sure everything is o3 months later we text and snail mail you to offer a FREE safety check. Whats the bet they find something wrong and charge you for it.

6 months later we text and snail mail you to remind you that its time to come back to maintain your warranty and reliability. Ah ok it's one of those warranties.

Comment

I think we don't need to talk about MRT, because I also don't know them.

But as you can see, I post already on case here. And like this are many many in the Pajero (4N15) group. This is only one example.

So if this engine do not have the carbon build and soot issue, why so many people are reporting this issue (including myself)?

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X