Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maximum spare diameter with QF Factory Towbar

Hi all,
    I placed my deposit on my 2021 PS today, coming back to the Challenger fold after a brief hiatus into Euro wagon territory (98 Challenger, 2013 Challenger, then 2017 Golf Wagon).

It'll be coming with the new flush hitch setup from the dealer and it'll be mostly 70/30 Road/Off, perhaps even 80/20 depending on the month. I've started thinking about the mods/changes to do before it drives far at all.

The first thing I'm wanting to do is to change out the 18's for 17's and narrow the tyres to 245. By my calcs, a 245/70/R17 will keep the same OD, and I've read here in the QE forums that a guy got a 265/65/R18 spare in with a HR hitch, so I'm pretty sure a 245/75/R17 will fit (800mm-ish diameter)

Does anyone know if a 245/80/R17 (825mm-ish diameter) will fit with the factory hidden tow hitch?

Cheers in advance!
    Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

'21 Pajero Sport GLX inbound...

A Cooper ST Maxx LT235/85R16 is 813mm diameter and it just fits under the PB Challenger with a concealed HR towbar.
    The Pajero Sport spare tyre area is very similar in size so a LT245/75R17 which is 801mm in diameter (Cooper ST Maxx spec) should fit.
    245/80R17 is not a standard tyre size, I can not find it listed anywhere, so is it even manufactured?

OJ.
    2011 PB Base White Auto, Smartbar, Cooper STMaxx LT235/85R-16,TPMS, HR TB, 3 x Bushskinz, front +40mm Dobinson , rear +50mm EHDVR Lovells, Dobinson MT struts and shockers, Peddars 5899 cone springs, Windcheater rack, GME UHF, Custom alloy drawer system inc. 30lt Engel & 2 x 30 AH LiFePo batteries + elec controls, Tailgate hi-lift/long struts, Phillips +100 LB & HB, Lightforce 20" single row driving beam LED lightbar, Scanguage II.
    MM4x4 Auto Mate, Serial No 1 .

Comment

Thanks Jack. Ah, the dangers of getting all "mathematical" in a spreadsheet without actually checking if a tyre exists! Having seen 80 and 85 in 16's I simply, and incorrectly, assumed those sizes would exist in 17's

Thanks for the heads up, still so much to learn.
      Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

'21 Pajero Sport GLX inbound...

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
      Working...
      X