Toyo200 and ranger towing examples

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Toyo200 and ranger towing examples

Not a bad read. The figure showing the overweight vehicles and rigs are not surprising. Just highlights the amount of ignorance and also stupidity, at times, of some people. In this day and age with technology and information freely available there is no reason to be illegally overloaded . Weighed my ball weight with the newly purchased ball weigher vs the old piece of wood on kitchen scales method...Only about 4-5kg difference at 160kg...happy with that. (dont know which, if either, is the most accurate.). Camper has atm of 2250 and even loaded to the hilt with boat , water , all gear and ready to roll it is just over 2000kg

There are caravanners in need of enlightenment. So we ask a bloke who weighs caravans for a living how the numbers stack up when it comes to caravan weight. 
    Dicko FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
    Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper

You start talking GVM, GCM, weight transfer & all the other bits to the masses, my belief is they have no idea.

They do understand, vehicle can tow 3.00 tonne & ball 300kg's.
    This is the focus & also the focus of the industry from a sales point of view, sticks out like dogs knackers.

I'm not saying rite, wrong or anything, just my belief.

Personally i had never considered, height of ball weight measurement changes the measurement, which is obvious i suppose.
    Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

They guy who did my Paj and caravan with the same sort of scales as in the article said his data on Land Cruisers was well over 50% fail. I think it was closer to 70 ! That's because people buy one thinking it can tow the Queen Mary and still be fully loaded when in fact it has a lower payload than a Pajero.
      2015 NX GLS, Factory alloy bar, Kings HD Springs & Koni Shocks with 50mm lift, MM Auto Mate, Paddle shift kit, dual batteries with Redarc DC/DC, LRA 58L tank, Safari snorkel, Boo's bash plates (full set), 17" steels with BFG KO2's, Drifta drawers with slide, TPMS, Uniden UH8080S, Alpine iLX-702D head unit. Goldstream caravan and a TVan Firetail.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian H View Post
        They guy who did my Paj and caravan with the same sort of scales as in the article said his data on Land Cruisers was well over 50% fail. I think it was closer to 70 ! That's because people buy one thinking it can tow the Queen Mary and still be fully loaded when in fact it has a lower payload than a Pajero.
        That doesn't surprise me. When you start crunching numbers, the 200 series in standard form is not that good for payload. But the sheep keep buying them. As a side note, is anyone else getting sick of seeing chopped and stretched 200 series cruisers? For the money spent on the conversion why not buy a 2500/3500 series RAM, Chev, Ford, etc?
        Warren
        2012 NW DiD Activ

Comment

"why not buy a 2500/3500 series RAM, Chev, Ford, etc?" Because it is a Toyota, that's why. My friend who has 5 Toyotas one day said to me "Tell me why I (he) shouldn't buy a Pajero like this (mine). I answered 'Because it is not a Toyota' and he accepted that. The bloody things use more than twice the fuel and don't go anywhere nearly as well, but he sill buys Toyotas. The latest thing is he had to borrow a Torx bit to undo the starter motor on his 100 series V8. The starter motor is in the middle of the Vee and he has to virtually strip the whole top of the engine to get to it and replace the starter. Still, they each have something like 550000 km on them now and apart from replacing heads, he hasn't done much work on them.

Comment

Originally posted by erad View Post
            "why not buy a 2500/3500 series RAM, Chev, Ford, etc?" Because it is a Toyota, that's why. My friend who has 5 Toyotas one day said to me "Tell me why I (he) shouldn't buy a Pajero like this (mine). I answered 'Because it is not a Toyota' and he accepted that. The bloody things use more than twice the fuel and don't go anywhere nearly as well, but he sill buys Toyotas. The latest thing is he had to borrow a Torx bit to undo the starter motor on his 100 series V8. The starter motor is in the middle of the Vee and he has to virtually strip the whole top of the engine to get to it and replace the starter. Still, they each have something like 550000 km on them now and apart from replacing heads, he hasn't done much work on them.
            I believe the starter is a biggy

My father has a Landcruiser 75 series ute, its done over 700,000k's, he does tow horse float, it is the original clutch, it doesnt use oil.

He tips Valvoline mineral oil in it, changed every 5000 k's all its life.

It has had a transfer case, suspension etc.

It travels daily 20k's bad corrugated stuff.

Tray rotted off, winscreen surround rotted off, just replaced & painted.

It's built & drives like a tip dray, air con he uses is wind the windows down.

My Pajero MY16 do this work for those K's . Doubt it very much, call me a sceptic.

Will a new Hilux or Prado do those k's trouble free, doubt it, hence i brought a Pajero.

I would look at a converted 200 series if i was rich enough & i certainly am not in that category.

Mitsubishi Pajero NX MY16

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X