No announcement yet.

Towing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks heaps for the replies peeps, I will take it all on board and assess as i go.

Comment

I bought a cheap towball scale from Repco. Measured 200kg. Took the van to weighbridge. Calculated towball weight 200kg by operator. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend towball scale.
      2009 NT DID Platinum, CR5002HP air bags, KYB Skorched 4s shocks, std springs. Alpine iLX-702D.

Comment

Whenever I head off I do not fill the water tanks. 120 litre at rear and 59 litre in front. Just make sure I know of a tap near camp area I am heading to or at the nearest town to my campsite....Thats 170kg less weight to tow. Also swapped the 2 x 9kg gas bottles for 1 x 4.5 (lasts months as I also use the portable single burner gas cartridge stove for boiling the kettle). Theres another 20kg saved. Went to 2 x 120 lithiums instead of 3 x 120 agms...saved another 90kgs. Dont bother with the poly floor and full annex...save another 15kg. All helps keep the weight down.
        Dicko FNQ

2014 NW with all the usual stuff plus more.
        Having lots of friends on facebook is the same as having lots of money in monopoly...both meaningless.

Telegraph X camper

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
        Working...
        X