Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triton GL 1cab chassis ML MY08

Yo All,
    Have paid the deposit on a new July 07 plated ML MY08 Triton GL single cab chassis (Alum), 2.4 petrol eng.
    Ride height of a 4x4. :-) but is only 4x2.
    2.4 ltr Petrol (cheaper to maintain over 100000 Ks). 5 spd man', white of course (its cooler by many degs in summer), Alum tray.
    I got the ute with:
    Factory alloy b'bar ($1850 rrp), Rear window protector (metal mesh $220 rrp), Dash mat ($67), mud flaps all round ($40 ?), Darkest legal metallised window tint($180), First 3 scheduled services FREE ($720 worth). Oh and the FREE Aluminium H/D tray ($1300).
    Deposit paid, paperwork started, delivery looks to be Wed or Thur next week. Of course i did not pay rrp on anything to be fitted to the ute. :-) AND got a reasonable trade-in on our '87 TX3 laser with hail damage, rego due Dec 7th. :-)

Aftermarket gear to be sourced in Warwick preferrably:
    H'duty (2 tonne) HaymenReece style tow bar $440 fitted.
    Custom rear light protectors $110.
    Driving lights mounted on B'bar (sitting in my shed waiting).

Maybes include: Custom under tray tool boxes (each side in front of rear wheels) $900.

Seat covers - tho' this may be a bit different, due to the driver's seat being a bucket, passenger and "centre seat" (which is a bit of a joke really), is a bench style seat. I may have to buy a standard pair of bucket covers, and get something custom made for the passenger seat.
    Any other options???

I notice that i am almost alone in this version of the new Triton ute...
    Also, which oil co is making the MM gen oil?
    I took notice that Warwick Mits use MM gen oil of 15/50W SM/CF i think i recall Castrol brand being mentioned by Parts ppl... not sure. Castrol lube guide site not working atm.

Cheers,
    Last edited by grasshopper; 30-11-07, 04:40 PM. Reason: ommitted info
    grasshopper
    Sold by EX - 96 NJ GLS LWB 3.5ltr DOHC. My time here is now limited...

Congrats grasshopper - post up some pics when you have the new toy

and also check out www.newtriton.net as there are a couple of cab-chassis guys on there.

Cheers!
    Andrew
    White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
    Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

Yo subi man,
      Tried to join newtriton and messed it up... only put 1 p in the email addy. Could not correct my messup, so have sent email to admin to fix for me.
      No reply as yet.
      Cheers,
      grasshopper

Comment

Hopefully Dave will sort it out for you soon mate - if not, let me know and I'll email him direct for you

Cheers!
        Andrew
        White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
        Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

Yo subi man, All sorted now.
          Could not find an oil to match MM labeled oil. 15/50W SM/CF, could only find SL/CF and then only in Shell Blue bottle - semi synth.
          Cheers,
          grasshopper

Comment

Yo All,
            Picked up the Triton on Friday arvo... at close of business.
            Only 3 issues found.
            ~Bonnet to bonnet frame goop coming apart or [email protected]@r application of in the factory, not repaired prior to delivery.
            ~1 bolt holding the Genuine alloy protection bar (bullbar to most) left only finger tight.
            ~Factory fitted oil filter ridiculously tight... metal to metal, took my BIG multi grips to get it undone to a tension that i could undo by hand.

Interesting points: MM's badged oil is Green in colour. (yes it is engine oil, not coolant).
            Front "bash plate" is slightly not correct fit, must be persuaded into position to enable 2 of the 7 bolts to be done up.

Cheers,
            grasshopper

Comment

Hey grasshopper! Let us know how you like the new ute as I will be in the market for a new work vehicle this year!! I need good load capacity and economy due to heavy loading . I currently have TD 03 Rodeo Cab chassis 4wd which is economical but fairly basic inside (DX poverty model).
              After a little bit more comfort and probably ABS SRS etc would be better and the Tritons seem to most of these things without paying through the nose for it.

Any feed back would great thanks Dave
              NM V6,Exceed BFG MTs ,Injected Gas, Proficency course,GME TX3100 UHF , 2 inch lift, Pace Maker Headers ,Dobinsons.Navigation Course (still lost) Rola Roof Racks, Proficency Plus course.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X