Overheating MK Petrol/Gas/Auto Help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheating MK Petrol/Gas/Auto Help!

Just wondering if anyone is experiencing engine overheating on MK Petrol/Gas/Auto. Any Suggestions?
    It is fine around town, but on longer trips gets hot (up long hills ie Melb to Ballarat) in both petrol or gas modes in mild or hot weather.
    It helps a little if aircond is turned off.
    The thermostat has been changed & cant see any bubbles in cooltant system (not blown head gasket).
    Has been serviced timing appears ok.
    I've heard a Toyo Surf had similar problems, & someone fixed the issue by changing to 3 inch exhaust system.
    Has anyone had the problem & came up with a solution?
    Cheers

Originally posted by polar1 View Post
    Just wondering if anyone is experiencing engine overheating on MK Petrol/Gas/Auto. Any Suggestions?
    It is fine around town, but on longer trips gets hot (up long hills ie Melb to Ballarat) in both petrol or gas modes in mild or hot weather.

I've heard a Toyo Surf had similar problems, & someone fixed the issue by changing to 3 inch exhaust system.
    The problem to me sounds internally blocked radiator or slipping cooling fan.

Could also be blocked exhaust from the internals rusting and falling out of the resonator and getting stuck further back. If you're not near town drop the pipe and go for a drive see if it drives remarkably better.

Going to 3in exhaust is a bit radical and the surf probably had turbo.
    'No Princess' - NJ LWB - Modded 2.8TD

Comment

Yes,The timing belt & radiator checked & cleaned several months ago.
      I shall check the cooling fan & exhaust for blockages.
      Thanks for your suggestions so far

Comment

hope he would have done that by now. (jan 08)
        Cheer, Beno.

1999 MK TRITON DUAL CAB. CRAPPY STD ALLOY BULLBAR. BLACK RIMS WITH 32 in MUDDYS. HID HEAD AND SPOT LIGHTS. ORICOM UHF. WANT A LOKKA FO THE FRONT AND A DECENT BULLBAR.

Comment

sounds to me like the impellars on this fellas water pump were prob coroded away and it,ll run alright short distance but put it on the road for a wile n it will get hot everytime!!

did ya fix this or sell it lol??
          want better fuel consumption?? stay home

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X