Inclination limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inclination limit

Hi my 1st thread so bear with me. My tub is a 2005 MK 2.8TD dual cab.

According to my manual, the maximum inclination should be about 34 degrees, when climbing hills in low range. This seems very low and several weeks ago found myself climbing a track that was about 50 degrees. Except for loss of traction over a doze off, the tub went beautiful

I am wondering if the 34 degrees is a warranty thing or is there some other reason

34 degrees is a capability thing, 50 degrees, i have my doubts... think about it, 45 and over and your climbing more vertically then you are moving foward... where did you get your angles from??

Comment

Originally posted by 6G74 View Post
      34 degrees is a capability thing, 50 degrees, i have my doubts... think about it, 45 and over and your climbing more vertically then you are moving foward... where did you get your angles from??
      Was following a mate in his troopie with an incline gauge. He claimed it was already peaked out at 45 degrees(It's limit) and the track had gotten steeper after that. 50 degrees was his guess.

Comment

Originally posted by wasslic View Post
        Was following a mate in his troopie with an incline gauge. He claimed it was already peaked out at 45 degrees(It's limit) and the track had gotten steeper after that. 50 degrees was his guess.
        I reckon 50 would be about as far as you would wan't to push it. Unless your getting good traction I certainly wouldn't reccommend doing it. One not for the faint hearted.
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
          I reckon 50 would be about as far as you would wan't to push it. Unless your getting good traction I certainly wouldn't reccommend doing it. One not for the faint hearted.
          Dave
          You ain't kidding, was wearing 4wd undies by the time I got through.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X