Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Love my ML Triton ute

Hi
    I have a new ML Triton GLX-R Diesel which i love but three things i want to change.
    So if anyone has already done the items listed below can you please help me out with some information.
    1) Stereo needs a six stacker CD fitted or a new head unit, if you replace the head unit will it still work through the multi display ?
    2) Cruise control what model and brand.
    3) Will 265/75x16 tyres fit on my stranded rims and suspension.

Thanks
    All
    Attached Files
    Last edited by davoxt; 04-07-07, 12:13 PM.

1. Can't help much, but I do have a six-stacker Alpine unit in my Pajero. If I need a new head unit, I'll be buying one which plays MP3s via a USB key - like the cheap and nasty unit in my daily driver. I loaded up a 2Gig USB key 6 months ago, and haven't changed it since.

Of course, a head unit which will play MP3s from DVD (does such a thing exist?) could be better again - 4.7Gig of MP3s won't need changing in a hurry. But the USB key option has no moving parts to skip while off road.

Food for thought?

2. NFI.

3. I would expect 265/75-16 tyres to fit your standard alloys (they are 16x7?) and would do it myself if I owned a Triton. Be aware that it's technically illegal (more than 15mm increase in diameter.) If it really bothers you, you should be able to get them engineered relatively simply.

Good luck,

Scott
    Last edited by nj swb; 15-07-07, 05:41 PM. Reason: Stuffed up CD vs DVD
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

I have only two things I want to change...
      1. cruise control
      2. flat driver's seat

Will be keen to see if you can find a good cruise-control solution davoxt!!

Cheers

PS: love the pic
      Andrew
      White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
      Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

Hi All
        I have a cruise-control fitted now, just got home from a 1800km trip in 20hr.
        The cruise control from Auscruise made by Autron $650 fitted worked great with clutch lock out fitted.
        No replacement stereo head unit works through the muti function display, but you can get a good stereo plus CD six stacker + 4 speakers fitted for around $1200.
        Just got my front windows tinted $70 each, the stereo will have to wait till tax time.
        Last edited by davoxt; 27-07-07, 11:26 PM.

Comment

that Auscruise would look like a factory job wouldn't it? They make a good product - I would love to investigate cruise, but can't justify that price right now Already splurged my spare ca$h on a new UHF and Lightforce DL's...

Cheers!
          Andrew
          White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
          Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

I got cruise fitted to my GLS at the dealer, and it works a treat, in the month I have had my Triton I've racked up 10000km's with about 7-8000 of them on open road driving from Noosa to Newcastle and back, various trips to the Gold Coast and the big trip from Noosa to Katherine, cruise control didn't skip a beat.

Will get the name of it when the missus brings the truck home from work..

Shane.
            MY11 3.2 DiD Warm White NT VRX, ARB Deluxe Bar, Dual Batteries, Compressor, Airtec Snorkel, Factory Diff Lock.

Coming Soon, Lightforce 210 Genesis Driving Lights, Brown Davis Aux tank and Sump/Transmission Guards, Rear Cargo Barrier.

Comment

One thing I forgot to mention that the new ML Triton needs, and that is stereo controls on the steering wheel, I'm not sure about you guys, but I find the location of the headunit extremely fiddly and frustrating being tucked in behind the gearstick.

Shane.
              MY11 3.2 DiD Warm White NT VRX, ARB Deluxe Bar, Dual Batteries, Compressor, Airtec Snorkel, Factory Diff Lock.

Coming Soon, Lightforce 210 Genesis Driving Lights, Brown Davis Aux tank and Sump/Transmission Guards, Rear Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Originally posted by Mantis View Post
                One thing I forgot to mention that the new ML Triton needs, and that is stereo controls on the steering wheel, I'm not sure about you guys, but I find the location of the headunit extremely fiddly and frustrating being tucked in behind the gearstick.

Shane.
                Mantis, he didn't ask about your opinions on whether the stereo controls should be on the steering wheel or about the location of the headunit being fiddling or whatever - he was asking advice about replacement of the head unit and had anyone done it.

How about you stick to the topic of the thread??????? It could be said by some that going off on a tangent could be rude!

If you don't believe me read this http://www2.pajeroclub.com.au/forum/...ead.php?t=8754
                Last edited by Dazza.; 20-01-10, 07:30 PM.
                COOL SILVER MY10 NT DID GLS MANUAL PAJERO - Colour Coded ARB Deluxe Bullbar - Warn X9 Winch - 60L Auxiliary Tank - Towbar - HID Lightforce Spotlights - DIY dual battery system - TX3440 UHF - Lovells/Bilstien suspension - BushSkinz bash plates - Driver with a passion to explore Australia

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X