Transmission lockup kits for Triton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which "earlier Aisin ... 5 speed auto"?

According to Wikipedia, the A750F was introduced to the LandCruiser 100 Series in 2003, and the Prado in 2005. The ML Triton was introduced in 2005 (as best I can tell) and Mitsubishi introduced the A750F (as V5AWF) to the Pajero in 2008.

Which "earlier Aisin 5 speed" would Mitsubishi have used in the ML Triton from 2005?

Edit: trawling Russian Service Manuals, there's no 5 speed listed in the 2009 manual, and the V5A5A appears in the 2010 manual.

Coming forward through the manuals, it's V5A5A through to 2015, the V5AWF in 2016.

Is it possible some have assumed that the "new" 5 speed introduced in 2010 was an Aisin (when it was really the Jatco), and a "later Aisin" was introduced in 2016?
    NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Originally posted by nj swb View Post
      Which "earlier Aisin ... 5 speed auto"?

According to Wikipedia, the A750F was introduced to the LandCruiser 100 Series in 2003, and the Prado in 2005. The ML Triton was introduced in 2005 (as best I can tell) and Mitsubishi introduced the A750F (as V5AWF) to the Pajero in 2008.

Which "earlier Aisin 5 speed" would Mitsubishi have used in the ML Triton from 2005?

Edit: trawling Russian Service Manuals, there's no 5 speed listed in the 2009 manual, and the V5A5A appears in the 2010 manual.

Coming forward through the manuals, it's V5A5A through to 2015, the V5AWF in 2016.

Is it possible some have assumed that the "new" 5 speed introduced in 2010 was an Aisin (when it was really the Jatco), and a "later Aisin" was introduced in 2016?
      Re the 5 speed auto intro - I have always assumed that is the case NJ. Although my assumption was based on 4d56 5 speed was Jatco, the 2.4L (whatever the engine code was ) in the MQ was Aisin, which I thinks was 2016ish. ( I have never payed much attention to MN or later. I'm still sulking they dropped the 4m41 from the range )

Re ML intro - I have both MKs and MLs advertised as 2006 models so assume 2006 was the date of introduction.

Which MNs got 5 speeds?
      When I was researching MN 4 sp into ML I put together a spreadsheet of all the major component part numbers (bell housing, main case, input shaft, output shaft.......). I can't recall what the line in the sand was for 5 speed, except they were only in the later MNs. I can't recall any different types of 5 speed, but that could be because I didn't look hard enough.
      PCOV Member 1107.
      Daily driver NX GLX
      Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
      Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
      Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

I make mention of it on NewTriton. Net on Oct 3 2009 that it is an Asain.

The box comes from the same family as the Pajero. Both have Aisin autos. You might find only the ratio's are different.
        Dave

So when the NM was introduced it came with two 2.5 motors. One was a CDI 2.5 and that was a four speed auto for two wheel drive versions. The other 2.5 was a HP version and that had the five speed. I think if my memory is correct the CDI version was the Aisin and the HP version 4x4 was a Jatco
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

The 4 speed trans I put in son's ML came out of a 2009 MN 4x4, including Easy Select transfer case.

Also, whilst researching found the 4 speed auto behind the ML V6 2wd was identical except for bellhousing, torque convertor, out put shaft and rear housing.
          PCOV Member 1107.
          Daily driver NX GLX
          Semi retired NL GLS 3.5 (no airbags) in almost prestine condition to replace NJ.
          Virtually fully retired NJ 2.8TD
          Previously - NB LWB, NA SWB.

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
          Working...
          X