Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tritan posts-lack of !!!

doesent anybody want to talk about their new triton(last post 3 wks ago

) -good or bad -iam looking at one but going from a l/cruiser wagon to a duelcab has got me a bit doubtful as to space and practicality(have to have a canopy ofcourse)and also thinking of touring,but dont reguire it as a work ute ,
    iam finding the cruiser a bit expensive for my needs at the moment

It's quiet here because we are all out driving our Tritons!! I actually find mine fun to drive (3.2 DiD manual) which is more than I can say for my old 2.8 TD Rodeo. Power and torque are excellent and the gearbox has a nice feel to it, it's a sporty feeling vehicle - have you test-driven one?

As a tourer the Triton is a winner in my books - chuck on a canopy and you'll have heaps of room for gear, and being separated from the cab its an added safety bonus.

Rear seat and legroom are excellent, as is entry and exiting with those wide rear doors

Unfortunately it's let down by the front seats, which are too flat on the base (and can't be adjusted), and offer no lumbar support.

Anyway there's quite a busy Mitsubishi section of the 4wd monthly magazine forum, a few Triton owners have posted up their thoughts on the vehicle plus the range of accessories from ARB and the like.. It might be worth checking that out, see it here (hope posting this link isn't against site rules)

hope that helps!
    Andrew
    White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
    Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

thanks for the link Andrew,your right about the front seats,and the car seems a bit low ,but arent they all these days -but i recon they lookgreat and feel good after the test drive ,how about a honest fuel economy average ?the saleman reconed about 8.5/100 even though the label on the screen says 9.1

Comment

Interesting to see if anyone has a new DID Auto Triton and get a report from them. I reckon they will be an absolute ball tearer.
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Originally posted by sjp2 View Post
          thanks for the link Andrew,your right about the front seats,and the car seems a bit low ,but arent they all these days -but i recon they lookgreat and feel good after the test drive ,how about a honest fuel economy average ?the saleman reconed about 8.5/100 even though the label on the screen says 9.1
          After 6,000k's I'm seeing between 10-11L/100 but thats a mix of farmwork and short trips to town - haven't done a long highway trip yet, but I would expect it to be better than that. Some guys on here with heavier DiD Pajeros are achieving quite surprisingly good fuel economy from virtually the same engine.

I'm about to fit bigger tyres (265/75) as the stockers are rubbish for anything that isn't tar plus they look waaay undersized (245/70) This will mess with my economy and performance a bit, but fix my speedo from over-reading (it's 8% out) and give me about 30mm extra ground clearance

My only other gripe is the lack of cruise-control, and at present nothing is available from Mitsubishi meaning aftermarket is the only alternative.

Originally posted by Pickle View Post
          Interesting to see if anyone has a new DID Auto Triton and get a report from them. I reckon they will be an absolute ball tearer.
          Dave
          I think you're right mate, it would be a real little ripper of a combination

Cheers
          Andrew
          White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's

Comment

Dave the salesman said the one auto they had in the yard last week lasted one day ,even the manuals must be selling well cause they dont seem to keen on discounting and this yard had 5 of them
            Andrew -wife drives a 2003 pajero and easily gets 10lts/100 on trips ,iam thinking these newer models have been choked a fair bit for emissions

Comment

Hey guys, I'll chuck in my 2 cents for what it's worth, in the first week of picking up my Triton (Manual 3.2 DiD GLS) I travelled from the Gold Coast to Newcastle, then from Newcastle back up to Noosa, then from Noosa all the way over to Katherine in the NT. On the open road I was averaging between 9.1 - 9.5L / 100km's, and that was all pretty much straight off the factory floor, I now have 13000km's on the odo, and around town I'm averaging between 10.2 - 10.5L / 100km's, and now, even if I get onto the open road I can't seem to get the fuel economy back into the 9's, I have a feeling it's because my air filter is shot, all dirtied up, been on a fair few red and dusty tracks....

Oh yeah, and like everyone said, front seats are shite!! Also don't go with the factory tow bar kit, IMO your better off going the ARB rear step tow bar. I didn't get the factory tow bar for this reason, should have my rear step and bull bar on in the next month, ready for my big trip back to Brisvegas, for good!!

Cheers, Shane.
              MY11 3.2 DiD Warm White NT VRX, ARB Deluxe Bar, Dual Batteries, Compressor, Airtec Snorkel, Factory Diff Lock.

Coming Soon, Lightforce 210 Genesis Driving Lights, Brown Davis Aux tank and Sump/Transmission Guards, Rear Cargo Barrier.

Comment

Hi guys,

I've recorded some economy figures since fitting 265/75/16 tyres (odometer readings have been adjusted by 6% as it's now under-reading by that amount, although the speedo now matches exactly with the GPS)

Running around the farm, and some trips into town netted me exactly 12l/100km.

Today I filled and drove to Orange and back, sitting on 100-110km up some fairly steepish hills etc. and I netted 10.1l/100km. Pretty happy with that

I noticed on one of the hills where I used to go up on 3/4 throttle in top gear with the smaller tyres, with the bigger tyres I now had to mash the throttle in 5th (or knock it back to 4th to get up on light throttle). So all in all it ain't such a major difference with the bigger tyres.

Cheers
                Andrew
                Andrew

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
                Working...
                X