Triton DID Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triton DID Auto

Went and had a look at a auto DID today....some photos.

Not really that different in looks than the auto v6 but figures quoted for auto deisel is 9.9ltrs/ 100klms as compared to the manuals 9.1ltrs. Standard 4 speed auto through the whole range of GLS GLX-R and GLX.
    Dave
    NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
    Member 1228 Pajero Club

4 speed auto - wt. Does anyone know what RPM in 4th is at 100kph?
    --
    Marquis
    SOLD - NT MY10 DiD, ARB D/Bar, Airtec, LRA 81L, Bil/Lov 2", BCDC1220+AGM, P3

Comment

Thanks for the pics, Pickle. IMHO a 5-speed would work really well in this rig. Why would they not use the same auto as in the NS Pajero?
      Andrew
      White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
      Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

Originally posted by subi_man View Post
        Why would they not use the same auto as in the NS Pajero?
        Thinking the same way and thought maybe they would have to fiddle with the pumpkin.
        But on looking at final drives on the manual Tritons they are all over the place.
        GLX Single Cab .......4.300
        GLX Double Cab ......3.917
        GLX/R ...................4.100
        GLS ......................4.100
        NS Pajero DID Auto 3.917

So my thinking is it has a 4.100 and still has better fuel consumption than the NS auto (9.9ltrs/100 : 10.6 for the NS) Although it is 100kg lighter as well.
        Dave
        NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
        Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Confirmed today it has a 4.1 diff. Also found out today that the first NS Paj DID Auto's (Oct builds) had a 4.1 diff and then went to a 3.917.
          Dave
          NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
          Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

A member on another forum just picked up a DiD Auto Triton yesterday, I'll be watching his threads for his thoughts over the next few days!!
            Andrew
            White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
            Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

Originally posted by subi_man View Post
              A member on another forum just picked up a DiD Auto Triton yesterday, I'll be watching his threads for his thoughts over the next few days!!
              Yep me two. Could be right up my ally for a work vehicle.
              Dave
              NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
              Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
              Working...
              X