dpf in a triton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dpf in a triton

i thought the triton had the same motor as the pajero,if so then has it got the diesel particulate filter that seems to be causing problems in the paj,i havent read any complaints yet,and if the motor is the same why does it only create 118kw as compared to the nm's 124 kw

That's a good question sjp - like the Pajeros the manual Triton certainly doesn't have a DPF, but I'm not sure about the newly released Auto Tritons

Would be good to know the answer!
    Andrew
    White 07 ML Triton GLX-R 3.2 Di-D, Ironman bullbar, TJM snorkel, GME TX3440, tinted and lined, Lightforce 240's, 265/75 Goodyear Wrangler SA's
    Got a new Triton?? Click here!!

Comment

From what I can gather the Tritons didn't get DPF because it was released before new Euro 4 Emmissions were introduced in October 2006 (around the time of the introduction of the NS). That also includes the auto DID which was also introduced with the manual DID o/seas but not released here until now.
      Different torque figures ...... the specs show both Triton and Pajero DID manuals to have 118kw @ 3800 rpm.
      Torque figures show Triton 343 Nm @ 2000 rpm
      Pajero 358 Nm @ 2000 rpm
      This would suggest that these torque figuers are taken from the rear wheels where the different final drive ratio's are not the same.
      Your figure of 125 kw for the NS is for the auto and I believe they have played with the chip (computor) to allow for the different final drive ratios between the manual and the auto.
      Don't know what the power figures are for the Triton auto as they have a four speed auto as compared to Pajeros five speed. Would suggest that it would be 118kw as it has a 4.1 diff as opposed to Pajero 3.917
      Dave
      NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
      Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

I think the main reasons are emission regulations, and relability.

Comment

AFAIK, manufacturer's quoted figures are always flywheel figures.

The difference between Triton and Pajero could be largely exhaust systems; different vehicles with different chassis using different exhaust routings (and probably different mufflers etc.) have different back-pressures, which affects engine performance characteristics, and probably leads to different engine maps to pass emissions tests.

Or not - I'm guessing.
          NT Platinum. DiD Auto with 265/70R17 ST Maxx, Lift, Lockers, Lockup Mate, Low range reduction, LRA Aux tank, bull bar, winch, lots of touring stuff. Flappy paddles. MMCS is gone!

Project: NJ SWB. 285/75R16 ST Maxx, 2" OME suspension, 2" body lift, ARB 110, 120l tank, bullbar, scratches, no major dents. Fully engineered in SA. NW DiD & auto in place - a long way to go....

Scorpro Explorer Box

Comment

Very well could be the case Scott. I honestly don't know how they get their figures. Quoting from their specifications an MK Triton 3ltr and Challenger 3ltr both run the same motor but one quotes 133kw (Triton) and 136kw(Challenger).
            Dave
            NX Pampas Cat GLS MY16
            Member 1228 Pajero Club

Comment

Matched content

Collapse
            Working...
            X